Tax Policy Associates Ltd is a non-profit company limited by guarantee, no. 14053878, and registered office 6 Print House, 32 Aylesbury Street, London EC1R 0ET.
Nothing on this website constitutes legal or tax advice. All communications sent to me, whether by Twitter/LinkedIn direct message, email, contact form, whatsapp etc, will be held in strict confidence and only disclosed with your explicit permission. Unless you are threatening to sue me for libel, in which case absolutely no duty of confidence is accepted, and I will publish everything you send me. I do not accept correspondence on a “without prejudice” basis without my express prior agreement.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- When you post a comment on our blog: name, contact details, comment. Information you post as a comment is publicly available. Information you post in a blog comment is not securely stored because, by definition, it is viewable by anyone at any time. You should be aware that, whilst we can delete blog comments, they may be cached by internet search engines and other websites over which we have no control. Please therefore assume that any comment you post will be permanently visible on the general internet.
- When you send us a message (via email, Twitter, website contact form etc): contact details, message. Information you send to us in a message will be treated as confidential and only shared with other parties with your consent, or if required by law. Information in a message you sent us will be securely stored retained for an appropriate amount of time having regard to the purpose of the message. In the unlikely event we are required by law to disclosure your message with other parties, we will (to the extent possible) notify you of that and give you the opportunity to resist the disclosure.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list then we will email you updates. Your email address and other personal data will be held by a third party provider who has warranted they comply with GDPR. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will not pass your name or email address to any other third parties.
We do not collect or process any other information.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are: that you consented to provided the information. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting us.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request or you have any concerns about our use of your personal information.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
- All articles and content by Dan Neidle, including data and infographics, is licensed under the Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 licence (unless it says otherwise).
- All comments are owned by the respective commentator, with Tax Policy Associates Limited having an implied licence to publish the comments on this website, but no other rights.